Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IndeksLatest imagesPencarianPendaftaranLogin

[RS] Abstract Animated Screensavers Collection

Go down 
PengirimMessage
batara
Derektor
Derektor
batara

Jumlah posting : 1655

[RS] Abstract Animated Screensavers Collection Empty
PostSubyek: [RS] Abstract Animated Screensavers Collection   [RS] Abstract Animated Screensavers Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Here is my collection of the best abstract animated screensavers that I am aware of.

Capow
Capow is a very obscure freeware screensaver that comes as part of a program of the same name that can generate all sorts of Cellular Automata.
The whole freeware program can be found here: http://www.cs.sjsu.edu/faculty/rucker/capow/examples.html , together with information on these mathematical self-generating computer graphics movies. The screensaver can display both the so-called 1- and 2-dimensional Automata.
Install: just paste the Capow.scr into the Windows folder and you will then find it in the screensaver list (which you find by right-clicking on your desktop and choosing the Screensaver tab).
If you download the whole Capow program, there will be a help file, but otherwise you are on your own with the settings. My personal preference is a single split-view 1-dimensional CA: in the settings dialog first un-check 'Use SCREENSAVER.CA', then choose '1D Rules Only'and 'Analog Only'; 'Possible Number of CAs' choose 1; choose 'Split View Only (With Graph)'. I have 'Randomize Colors' and 'Add bump To Seeding' checked.
The 'Auto-Randomize Interval' is set to 30, which gives the CA time to develop and then changes after 30 seconds.

JuliaSaver
Another fairly obscure freeware screensaver, unless you are into fractals (what are fractals? Google it and be stunned). This screensaver actually calculates fractals on your screen with slowly changing parameters, so that the result looks like a slo-mo movie of an evolving fractal. Don't expect smooth movement, each pixel can require hundreds of calculations.
Settings: the screensaver can generate various classic fractal types, but the Julia type undoubtedly is the best eye-candy. Choose this under the 'Fractal' tab. The Iterations and Resolution sliders will require some experimenting: if you have a powerful computer you can slide them to the max, but this may make the movement too much like a slideshow. Under the 'Mapping' tab I would suggest choosing Type 'Inverted', Allow rotation, Allow center to move. Under the Animation tab I suggest you set the Speed slider to slowest and choose Type 'Cardioid Trace'. Under the Color tab you can load a palette from file. I have included with the screensaver a folder with palette maps, browse to wherever you put that folder and choose one (like 'Chinese Dragon' or 'Creamy Coffee'). Check also 'Color Inside' and 'Stretch Palette.

Gold Lace
Gold Lace is the predecessor to Glowing World, and to my mind they are the best screensavers around. The subtle colours move like slow and smoothly sliding silken sheets over your screen, utterly mesmerising. The reason I have included Gold Lace, which has fewer options, is that in Gold Lace you can set the resolution (to max, of course!) which the developer forgot to include in Glowing World, which will default to your desktop resolution.
The Gold Lace settings are fairly clear: my suggestion is to have the speed at 10-20%, check all the palettes, set the resolution to maximum, check 'Use DirectX'; slide the top sliders of 'Complexity of patterns' and 'Relief of patterns' to max. Under the Patterns tab I have un-checked all styles except Embossing.

Glowing World
Glowing World is the successor to Gold Lace. It has a new option under 'Drawing Area' I like the round drawing area, with transparent backgound, image size set to large. Speed set to 40-50%, otherwise similar settings to Gold Lace.

Particle System Screensaver
An interesting little screensaver, not well-known. It unfortunately does not change from its start-up 'wave', but you can get a different one each time the screensaver starts. I haven't figured out all the settings here, you can create your own waves apparently. Under the 'General' tab I have 'Random selection' and 'Always restart' checked, and for 'Logo' and 'Text' I have removed the checks from 'Enabled', and have 'Override preset size' checked.

Kaleider Screensaver
A wonderful kaleidoscopic screensaver, with many options. It takes a grunty graphics card to have it run entirely smoothly. It can play your music as it runs. There is help for the settings, but not everything is explained.
My settings: under the 'Effects Control' tab I have un-checked Random Effects, Mandala, Rooms, Mixture and Scripted sequences. I like the Funnels and Mirror effects and have these frequency sliders a bit higher than the others. You can specify your own images and music, don't forget to un-check 'Show Player' under the Audio options. Importantly, under the 'Wanderings' tab, which specifies the type of movement, there is only one choice which does not result in frantic movement: uncheck everything here except 'Random Travel'
I have a separate download available of a collection of abstract images, which you can use for Kaleider.

Snoqualmie
Interesting screensaver which draws moving drifts and wisps of coloured pixels on your screen. It allows the creation of your own configurations and the editing of the presets.
The settings screen will bring up the 'Random' tab with all the presets, when you have the 'Choose randomly among the following' box checked you cannot access the 'Main' tab, where you can edit presets or create your own. So if you un-check it to have a look, don't forget to re-check it when you are done. I don't have the resolution set very high with this screensaver, as the pixels become too small.

Drempels
One of my favourites, a freeware screensaver which will pick a part of images of your choosing and then dissolve them into moving smears of colour. It can be run as an animated desktop backgound.
Settings: I like the blurry moving cloud effects. I have set 'Limit FPS to' the highest, 60. Set the 'Texture Fade Time' slider to about half the 'Time between texture changes'. Master Zoom: to 'in 4x', Mode Change Frequency to 'normal', Animation Speed to 'normal', and 'Initial Motion Blur Level' to max. Render mode: fullscreen, high detail, Video Mode is up to you. Check 'Exit when mouse is moved', and check 'Suppress 'press h for help' message and 'Suppress unsolicited text messages'. Keep 'Start in High Quality Texture Mode' checked.

Magic Mirror
A straightforward kaleidoscope screensaver, in spite of its simplicity one of my favourites, a very relaxing mandala. you can adjust the number of reflections, have it play your music, and of course set it to use your own images. The setup loads a bunch of preset images, which you can delete if you wish and replace with your own.
Settings: be sure to set the 'Magnification' slider on the right of the settings dialog to minimum, otherwise you'll get zoomed and blocky images being used. I like the round image against a black background. You can use the images I have supplied in a separate download for this one too.

Silicon Kaleidoscope
Another Kaleidoscope screensaver, which probably does not add anything to the other screensavers listed here.
Settings: I would suggest to pick '8+' under 'Num reflections in Tile', and under the 'Advanced' button be sure to set a Color Depth of '16 Million Colors. The screensaver will play only one image, I have included one that works well with this screensaver, 'Water Garden': under 'Source Image File' browse to that one, or your own of course.

Variations
An unusual screensaver from the makers of Glowing World, drawing abstract shapes against a white background. Not too many settings here, you can specify the width and colour of the frame.

--------------------------------------------------------

Serandom
Last but not least I have included Serandom, a screensaver randomiser. It needs to be set as the default screensaver and will then load with Windows. It will start like a normal screensaver and play your screensavers, one after the other, for the amount of time you specify; you can specify it will use your favourites more often. It will load a little icon in your system tray from which you can easily control your screensavers and their settings. It's a problem-free little app in my experience.

(The above text is included in the screensaver download)

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/116741565/Animated_Abstract_Screensavers.rar

I have also included a bunch of nice images for use with some of the screensavers, if you like. They are colourful flowy fractal images which I created with a fractal generating program called Mage. This file is 85 Mb.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/116760550/Screensaver_Images.rar

There are no passwords

Be hypnotised! :shock:
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
http://www.kamudanaku.co.cc

[RS] Abstract Animated Screensavers Collection
Kembali Ke Atas 
Halaman 1 dari 1